Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
SE/30 cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat MacSE/E30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: SE/30 cards Reply with quote

ive just bought a lovely SE/30 8/40. i want to max it out!!

i was wondering if anyone would like to/ or knows anyone that would like to sell me the following:

8x 16MB 30pin SIMM
IIsi or IIfx ROM
Micron xceed video card
any RJ45 NIC (PDS Thru port)
DiiMO 40MHZ 030 Accellerator

Thanks everyone! Smile
JDW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: DiiMO Reply with quote

I purchased my DiiMO here in Japan. Micromac sold all their dead stock to a tiny Japanese vendor called NEXTRO. I shot a photo of my DiiMO a posted it on Flickr. Simply read my commentary under the photo to see where you can still purchase the card.

You can find the 16MB SIMMs and Ethernet PDS cards galore on EBAY. I purchased my set from there without problem. The video card will be hard to find though, and do NOT expect to find the grayscale adapter. Even if you are lucky enough to spot one on EBAY, they tend to fetch US$600 and higher.

The IIsi ROM is harder to find than the IIfx. To get my IIfx ROM, I just waited until I found a IIfx logic board auction, then wrote the seller to ask if he would ship me just the ROM. I asked for only the ROM because it was cheaper to ship to me here in Japan. The same holds true for the IIsi ROM. You won't find these parts sold as parts alone on EBAY, but they are a part of logic boards. I said the IIsi ROM is harder to find because not all IIsi's had a socketed ROM. So you will need to ask several sellers of IIsi computers or logic boards before you find one. It may take you 3 months to get all you want off EBAY. But if you watch EBAY daily and email sellers regularly, you can do it. I know because I did!
Fat MacSE/E30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: thankyou! :-) Reply with quote

you champion!
if you didnt know, im from australia!
thankyou very much for the info, im securing a asante rj15 nic for USD$110,
and i found the DiiMO cards. excellent
just one question. will the se/30 power supply cope with these cards
'piggy backed' onto each other?

excellent to see sites like this up (and actually active!). ive noticed that 68k websites are becoming quite rare indeed.
JDW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the SE/30 PSU (Sony or Astec) will handle the DiiMO and Ethernet card just fine. Mine handled far more than that, with 128MB of RAM, a fast 7200rpm hard disk and even a supplementary fan I installed. I even had a 40MHz Daystar Turbo 040 running inside, with ARTMIX's TS Adapter. I later bought an external HD20 SCSI drive to sit under my SE/30 so I moved my internal HD into that case to reduce heat (which allow me to remove my supplementary fan). I then topped it off by replacing the stock Elina fan with a 60mm Silenx model -- quiet as a mouse now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: