Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
Apple IIe Key and key switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> Apple - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidersan

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Apple IIe Key and key switch Reply with quote

Hi,

I am back after a year of unsuccessfully looking for a spare shift key and keyswitch for my UK Apple IIe. When I bought the unit the key was glued to the switch and the switch stuck up probably due to the glue getting into it.
I did receive a set from a very generous US fan, but unfortunately the shift key for UK is single width, US is double width, and they also have a different keyswitch! UK is white long stem, US seem to be black and short.
I have been looking on eBay here in the Uk and US for replacement, or even just a partially working keyboard, to no avail, and I am coming back to look for inspiration as I have run out and my project has come to a halt.
Thanks in advance!
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: DIY Reply with quote

Hi Raidersan,

have a nice 2013! Sorry for beeing so late but the forum had a lot of performance problems and i could not post here (like all of you ?).

Now we have switched to a new server and it works again Smile

About the Apple key - maybe you make the button yourself by using a suitable key (another from your Apple) and cloning it. make a aluminium foil mask and fill it with - maybe with gypsum.
Raidersan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: DIY Reply with quote

MacOS wrote:
Hi Raidersan,

have a nice 2013! Sorry for beeing so late but the forum had a lot of performance problems and i could not post here (like all of you ?).

Now we have switched to a new server and it works again Smile

About the Apple key - maybe you make the button yourself by using a suitable key (another from your Apple) and cloning it. make a aluminium foil mask and fill it with - maybe with gypsum.

Thank you very much and same to you and your family!

Good suggestion about the key, but I want to restore it to showroom quality, so only an original key will do. I have time, I still need to get rid of the yellowing first on my IIe and original Macintosh, including keyboard, mouse, monitor, so lots of work before they are presentable! One day I will be walking through a flea market and will find an old keyboard, I know it!
Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> Apple - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: