Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
A program for PC to emulate a Macintosh SE ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: A program for PC to emulate a Macintosh SE ? Reply with quote

A visitor asked:
Quote:

Name: John
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nachricht: Is there a program for the PC that emulates a Macintosh SE? I have some old SE programs that I'd like to run, but I don't have the hardware anymore.

Dear John,

please have a look to this page,

http://minivmac.sourceforge.net/index.html

Mini vMac
is a Macintosh Plus or SE emulation for many platforms,
including Mac OSX, Linux and PC.

You need to get a MacPlus ROM file, I can not provide.
If you own a Macintosh including the needed ROM,
you can download a Macintosh ROM here (checked 04.2007):

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bit/6458/vMac.html

Mini vMac emulates a Macintosh Plus, one of the earliest of Macintosh computers, sold between 1986 and 1990. It can run old Macintosh software that otherwise couldn't be used on recent machines, and so helps to preserve history, from the era when the modern user interface for computers was being defined.

Mini vMac is a spin off of the program vMac. It was originally intended to be of limited interest, a simpler version to serve as a programmers introduction to vMac. But vMac hasn't been updated in some years, and doesn't have a number of fixes included in Mini vMac, so Mini vMac may now be more generally useful.

To meet the goal of preserving early Macintosh software forever, Mini vMac is intended to be as simple and maintainable as possible, while still being usable enough that the software running within it is as usable as ever. Also as part of this goal, Mini vMac is intended to be easily portable to new operating systems. So far it works on Macintosh OS, Microsoft Windows, and the X Window System.

Read more about installing the ROM into your Emulator:

Basilisk II Homepage - An Open Source 68k Macintosh Emulator

Beginner's Guide to Emulating a Macintosh [/list]

If you want to play Asteroids, Space Invaders or Pong,
like to write in MacWrite and paint in MacPaint -
online in your Browser... click here and
Test drive a Macintosh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: