Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
Mac Plus dont see my HD's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dinobot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Mac Plus dont see my HD's Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a Plus with an external HD case and a few SCSI disks (one of them is an original rodime, another one - HP 50pin 1gb).

SCSI bus is terminated properly with an external centronics terminator (no led, but it should be active)

I got vmac and did 0,97gb hd image with system 6.0.8 installed and copied image to the HP drive, but it can't be recognized by the PLUS, same as Rodime.

Jumpers on HP drive are TP, TP, PE on (like in apple's manual), rodime have no jumpers.

Both disks are set correctly, spins starts, bus is terminated, lights are blinking when any computer trying access them...

Plus says there are no any SCSI device, but my PC works great wiht both (of course, I have PCI scsi controller with 25pin port on my PC)
Dinobot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, can anyone share (copy with winimage) your macos or linux-68k-based partitions to give me a chance to boot my Plus from a hard drive?

(now I can boot just floppy only)
Dinobot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basylisk II is a miracle!

It have a direct scsi support. I spent like a two nigjts to format my scsi HD with LIDO FROM MY PC!

Now my HD is visible form my mac... I can store a data there and instal an os... But I can't boot from it.

If I will be ever done, I will make a big video tutorial about how to bring your vintage mac to life, if there no vintage macs anymore around.
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel,

great - insanely great! Sadly I do not think that you can get the "new" scsi HD to run on the MacPlus as a boot system. Only the old SCSI drives from about 1989 / 90 will boot your MacPlus (a special technic is inside the Drive).

But because you managed to get to this point - maybe you get it to boot the MacPlus - sadly I donīt know how.

Greetings

Oliver
Dinobot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacOS wrote:
Hi Daniel,

great - insanely great! Sadly I do not think that you can get the "new" scsi HD to run on the MacPlus as a boot system. Only the old SCSI drives from about 1989 / 90 will boot your MacPlus (a special technic is inside the Drive).

But because you managed to get to this point - maybe you get it to boot the MacPlus - sadly I donīt know how.

Greetings

Oliver

I'm happy to tell you, guys, my Plus is able to boot from my HD now! It works perfect with ANY scsi drives and ANY capacity!

Sadly that HP 1gb drive I've used first time dead next day while I tried to format it with 3:1 interlevel, but I took my another one (30gb ultra wide scsi 80pin with 80to50pin adapter) and tested it. AND IN WORKS!

My video is in progress. It was realy easy, but nobody did it before, or did, but did not tell me.

First video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l820HZP3iE
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, what a massive storage! I think this will hold every MacPlus Software on the planet, start collecting Smile I never heared of a 30 GB HD in a Mac Plus - let us hope it lives longer as the first one. A video would be great, but a written tutorial also a big thing. Mr. Green

Greetings

Oliver

Last edited by MacOS on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dinobot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two partitons there. One is 500mb, another one - 950. All other space is not used.

It will be enough to store all the software that can run m64k macintosh ever, I suppose.

The tutorial will be ready this week. BigBang
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: