Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
7200/120 - monitor screen stays black

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: 7200/120 - monitor screen stays black Reply with quote

I am trying to recover a file from my disused old mac - 7200/120 It seems to boot up (chimes on power up) but the monitor screen stays completely black. Power into the monitor is okay and green LED is on. In frustration I got a old LC 475, from a family member, also disused, to try to cross load the HDD and that too seems to fire up but the monitor stays utterly black. Is there an issue with internal batteries? Any suggestions to reveive these old monitors or otherwise get the data. I use an emac now for home/office use

Thanks in advance
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear George,

Yes, it seems to be a problem with the internal battery.

SYMPTOM

* Monitor does not come on immediately.
* Date and time have to be reset each time computer is booted.
* Chooser settings have to be reset each time computer is booted.

When the computer does not retain PRAM settings (such as the date and time) after it has been turned off, this generally indicates a dead battery. Some Macintosh models, such as the Power Macintosh 7100 and the Quadra 605, display a black screen when the battery has failed and the computer is turned on.

You need to replace the Mac 3.6v Round PRAM Battery 1/2AA.

Here you can buy the needed battery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: