Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
a couple of problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat MacSE/E30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: a couple of problems... Reply with quote

hi everyone

my se/30 underwent a cap job with success! i have also acquired a apple 600e external cd-rom and a generic external 3.2g hdd (looks very nice), which brings me to my questions

problem 1: ive set my scsi id on the hdd to 2, but for some reason, the mac doesn't like it. disk manager mac can see it, test it and format it, but at completion of format and partition, a alert comes up telling me the drive is out of phase. appears as non dm disk on info screen. apple sc setup cant even see it.

problem 2: i need drivers and software for the asante mac con card (has plug in rj45 transceiver) and drivers, extensions etc for the cd-rom on floppy. also a non bundled version of 7.5.5 on cd. i downloaded it from apple, but its on my mac mini.

if anyone can help, i will pay through paypal for software. thanks for your time :) and am grateful for any help
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: a couple of problems... Reply with quote

Fat MacSE/E30 wrote:
hi everyone
problem 1: ive set my scsi id on the hdd to 2, but for some reason, the mac doesn't like it. disk manager mac can see it, test it and format it, but at completion of format and partition, a alert comes up telling me the drive is out of phase. appears as non dm disk on info screen. apple sc setup cant even see it.

Maybe a problem of the size - it quite big for a MacSE.
Try to do 1 GB partitions, may they get booted.

Fat MacSE/E30 wrote:
hi everyone
problem 2: i need drivers and software for the asante mac con card (has plug in rj45 transceiver) and drivers, extensions etc for the cd-rom on floppy. also a non bundled version of 7.5.5 on cd. i downloaded it from apple, but its on my mac mini.

hm, sorry I donīt have an english system on disks.

Greetings

Oliver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: