Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
Performa 630/CD - various power offs...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Performa 630/CD - various power offs... Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have a Performa 630/CD and it often power off itself, sometimes in the system boot phase (welcome screen) or in the working process.

Question Does anyone knows why he does this ? Get a life - get a Mac...
It simply powers off the complete mac in 1 second including the display. BigBang
But sometimes it runs and runs and runs.... Wink

Info You can post a reply without loging in.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the contacts of the PRAM-batterie. Maybe it's irritated by sometimes getting power and sometimes not? Another solution could be the power-supply of the computer: if a capacitor (german: Kondensator) dries out, it starts with such problems. It's a very common problem for example with the first generation of DSL-modems of german Telekom, or chepa monitors. I have the same problem with an old "Belinea" monitor at my work. If you don't know how to repair it yourself, you can better change the whole power-supply, it would be cheaper. A new capacitor costs about 1 Euro, but to find out which one...

Short solution: In a very warm room, if it starts normal, don't switch the computer off Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: