Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index Apple and Mac 68k Forum
...at myoldmac.net - since January, 24. 2005

Home    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
What would a Mac look like if it grew up and became a robot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacOS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: What would a Mac look like if it grew up and became a robot? Reply with quote

Kiel Bryant Hosier's CompuBots

LisaMatic II

What would an early all-in-one Macintosh look like if it grew up and became a robot?

That's the question behind a collection of fanciful sketches of vintage-computers-cum-robots -- or "CompuBots" -- created by designer Kiel Hosier for the DigiBarn Computer Museum. Hosier, an 18-year-old graphic designer from Sunnyvale, California, collects old computer systems. One evening he sketched one of the early Macs in his collection, adding a pair of robot legs. He sent the sketch to DigiBarn Curator Bruce Damer, who suggested he do a whole series and provided a list of candidate machines. You find a page with more info about Kiel Hosier at DigiBarn.

The series includes the Mac 512K (or Fat Mac), an Apple Computer Lisa, a Xerox Alto and a MITS Altair 8800.

You can view (and buy) Kiel Bryant Hosier's CompuBots here at
Freak www.myoldmac.net

Read the complete Article written by Leander Kahney at wired.com

Quote:

They sleep at the foot of my bed.

Every night, staring into the black. Vintage computer systems. Old, loyal. As an aspiring conceptual designer, it's never been very difficult for me to imagine them walking away on robot-legs. But it wasn't until I needed something new to illustrate that a very rambunctious MacBot demanded to be drawn. Pencil met paper, and all you see below were born.

Certain were unusually difficult -- an original design might have been a practical compu-bot, but did it properly honor its progenitor? Thus the process became an evolution: sometimes cycling through FOUR to SIX radical style-changes before settling down into a suitable form.

Even with all of that, I never tire of them (completely). Because of that I can promise . . . more to come!

Kiel Bryant Hosier

MacBot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apple and Mac 68k Forum Forum Index -> 68K Mac - E All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: